A Guide to Modern Dentistry in Woden
We live in a world of evolving customer expectations. Businesses are having to rise to the challenge, and the modern-day dentist practice is no different. Modern dentistry in Woden involves practices offering more than general dentistry services. They need to provide advanced treatments, competitive prices and, most importantly, do it all with a smile. Today’s consumer expects to be greeted by name, to be valued and to receive only the best quality treatment, products and services.
What Treatments Do Modern Dental Clinics Offer?
Long gone are the days that a dental practice is purely for routine checkups, fillings and tooth extractions. While general dentistry is, of course, still essential for maintaining the wellbeing of our oral health, it is just the tip of the iceberg. Advanced treatments, such as restorative and cosmetic dental procedures, have become commonplace.
- Crowns – using Cerec technology custom-made restorations can be designed, created and fitted in-practice, and all in one single appointment.
- Dental implants – titanium posts are surgically implanted in the jawbone and crowns placed on top to create replacement teeth that look, feel and function just like the real thing.
- Invisalign – conventional ‘train-track’ braces are a thing of the past. Customised clear aligners provide an innovative orthodontic treatment, using SmartTrack technology to straighten teeth quickly, comfortably and successfully.
- Veneers – thin shells of porcelain are bonded to the teeth’s surface to improve both size and colour. The treatment takes just a few weeks from the initial consultation.
- Root canal – a treatment to relieve the pain of infection in the root of a tooth, while saving the natural tooth from extraction.
- Teeth whitening – The Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed is a whitening system that uses LED lights to speed up the process and produce maximum results in minimum time.
The Benefits of a Family Run Practice
In today’s modern world, customers expect a lot more for their money. However, while expectations are high, purse strings are often tight. We all know the importance of our oral health, but treatment costs can be a significant burden. The result is that we are a lot more particular about who we give our money to. We need to trust in our dental practices, to have faith in the services they offer and to know that they have our best interests at heart.
This is where a family-run practice comes into its own. Family-run practices are able to put patients before profits, understanding the old-style customer care values that many of us hold dear.
The benefits of a family-run dental practice include:
- Long term relationships – family-run practices often have a history of many generations of the same family providing patient care. In turn, they have also provided care to many generations of the same families.
- Free initial consultations – as family-run dental practices aren’t governed by corporate pricing structures, they are able to offer free initial consultations.
- Flexible payment options – similarly to the flexibility to offer free initial consultations, family-run practices can offer a range of payment options to help clients manage the cost of treatment.
The main difference that family-run dental practices provide is the ability to put treatment before profits and work as a tight-knit family. They don’t need to focus so much on attracting new patients as they have an established customer base and a strong reputation built up over generations. Patients will pay more for a more personal, professional experience, and family-run practices can deliver just that. Not only can they do it, but often they’ve been doing it for years.
The Problems With Corporate Dental Practices
While every modern dental practice needs to be profitable to stay in business, the corporate dental world is much more profit-driven. Corporate practices are centered around productivity and numbers. This, of course, doesn’t mean that they aren’t able to provide advanced treatments and perform high-quality procedures, but it does make it more challenging.
Corporate dental practices often have to work under pressure to make a profit. This comes in the form of upselling treatments, delivering more treatments in less time and using substandard equipment.
Corporate dental practices tend to have a much higher volume of newly qualified dentists working for them and a much higher staff turn around. Unfortunately, this means that they aren’t able to so easily build up customer confidence and trust in the way of a family-run business.
The Future of Modern Dentistry in Canberra
It’s hard to say exactly what dental practices in Canberra will look like in the future. Smart toothbrushes, diagnostics via artificial intelligence and bacteria-fighting implants may well be added to treatment options.
All we do know is that practices will continue to evolve with advancements in technology. Meanwhile, here at Acacia Dental Group, whatever the treatment options, we will continue to deliver modern dentistry with a smile, while ensuring we restore yours.
If you would like to see one of our Woden dentists, call us today to book a free consultation on (02) 6281 2222.